Melville to Montreal
A 60 hour train ride summarized...
- I amazed myself how long I can stare out a window and not get bored.
- A woman in Winnipeg stared at me at told me (yelled at me) that the crustaceans were coming to take over the world. Who knew!
- Ron and Marilyn, who I had lunch with on the train, were very lovely. Marilyn should be a tour guide.
- A woman on my train was driving the train attendants nuts. Although hilarious, she claimed that she owned VIA rail, and was paying their wages. Aside from a surplus of odd comments, she wanted them to open her window. Ummm...lady, we are on a train. It is best not to open a window.
- People from New Zealand (particularily the ones sitting in front of me) get really excited to see bears. Perhaps because I have watched bears eat through the garbage in a campground, I was not excited.
- I realized I am an idiot, and should have brought movies to watch on my laptop. Lesson learned.
- I only listened to about 5 songs and read about 3 chapters in my book. See point one.
- At about hour 52, I cursed myself for not flying.
- Ontario is very gorgeous to wake up to.
- When Kelly and Carey see each other after 2 years, there is much squealing to be had.
- I could go on and on....